Friday, June 8, 2012

Forced Rest

I visited the doctor last night and turns out I have bronchitis so Travis is forcing me to rest. I am not allowed to go into work until after lunch. After spending 12hours in bed, showering, and it is still only 8am I figured I could update you on the last week or two of camp. And of course because I keep a journal it will be in perfect chronological order ;)
Everyday seems to bring its new adventures. 

  • We had two different horses colic in a period of 24 hours, Ram Jam and Mumford. So that meant extra time at the barn, a few shots, and walking in countless circles. 
  • Buffet got loose as we were headed out on the Wrangler Breakfast Ride. It played are to get, kicking out at us whenever we got close. It was super skiddish that morning being away from the herd. 
  • Jasmine reared with the property managers daughter, literally backing/rearing her into the barn.
  • Peter got an infection in his leg so we had to give him a shot.
  • Acapella took off and broke her headstall. 
  • Donkey keeps kicking Travis during Tableau 
  • I got to walk Cash for an entire ride because the girl was terrified every time he moved a muscle
  • Some campers get back to the barn with their eyes practically swollen shut ...bc they just found out they were allergic to horses
  • Those are all the horse stories I can remember at the moment :)
But my summer staff have been totally awesome!! And they actually still like to hang out with me outside of the barn :) We will eat dinner together, hangout by the pool, grab a smoothie, joke around, and share life. They have made these last couple weeks so much fun. One of my girls says she is going to come visit me at the end of the summer! Young Life creates a different kind of friend and it has been fun to be apart of that!
Hanging out with the interns seems to be few and far between. Because I get up at 4.30 every morning, it limits how much night stuff I can do. I feel like a party pooper but it comes with the long hours. 
God is reminding me that I can't do things in my own strength. I was never meant to go through life on my own, so I need to stop trying to do things in my own strength. 

No comments:

Post a Comment