Wednesday, January 9, 2013

It's been a long time


Past  ~  Well, as of last night, I have returned to Colorado; therefore, it is time to revamp the blog. But, first let’s catch up with last semester highlights: Destiny, my 11 year old cousin, lives with us; Taylor got married and moved to Washington; the Lord gave me a cute Ford Escape named Maya (which means God’s creative power in Hindi); and Madison had knee surgery to repair her torn ACL and meniscus. I could give a detailed story on each of these but rather the summary is that I spent my transition semester living at home. And though God was working in huge ways, it proved to be harder than I anticipated (because I wasn’t paying attention). Coming off the back of Frontier: great community, accountability, numerous opportunities to share Christ, hard work, long days, 44 horses, constant adventures, daily sense of accomplishment, and consistent structure; being at home seemed like a letdown. I had left my glimpse of heaven on earth to return home.  I struggled feeling like I was just wasting my time, because I had SO MUCH time. I wasn’t officially working anywhere, just random here and there stuff. So I felt as though I had become the second “mom,” running errands, transporting siblings, helping Destiny with schoolwork, and random house chores... because I had the time. I was down and worn out and missing the joys in life. That is until I heard, “You don’t know how to really serve until you can joyfully serve at home” (morgan paraphrase). So that was my problem! I was being selfish again; one day I will learn that lesson. I was “serving” more out of guilt and boredom, than my love for my family who needed me at the time. The Lord redeems and the semester ended more joyfully (not perfect, I’m still working on not being selfish) than it started.
Present  ~  So I drove up to CO yesterday- by myself. You know that drive is killer long! But there were some sweet people and country music that helped me pass the time. And no, I didn’t hit a deer this time :) I hung out with the cousins, who were super excited, until bedtime and then talked with my aunt and uncle awhile. –Then comes the dreaded time for me….time to “sleep.” – Ok, I’m not sure if you remember this but traveling and I don’t get along very well; and then altitude and I really don’t get along. So going to sleep means a long night, pain, and super sick in the morning; not very exciting. But this time I was convinced I’d outsmart the travel, elevation, stomach combo. I did anything and everything that was suggested to me and that I know to do: lots of water few days leading up, motion sickness bracelets, vitamin E, my normal sickness med, Gatorade, a warm blanket, crackers, and prayer upon prayer. Sadly, the score currently stands altitude one, morgan zero. But I will drink lots of water and praise God in my sickness!
Plan  ~  Here is the plan, Stan :) I have the rest of today to be sick, but that’s highly overrated so I hope not. Then I’ll head to BV (Buena Vista) and hangout with some dear friends and help them move until TW starts. I start work at Trail West, as a seasonal intern aka four month intern, on January 11th. What that looks like…I’ll have to get back to you on that. But from there I will return to Frontier Ranch as a horse intern (my favoritest job I’ve ever done.)
Prayers  ~ If you happen to be thinking about me…little Destiny misses me like crazy already. While I was home, I spent most of my waking hours with her, trying to fill her love tank. There have been multiple people who have left her life, I want to love her well and be able to assure her that I didn’t leave her, I still love her, and I will be back! Prayers that she will do well without me there and that I can love her well from here. Prayers that my stomach will chill out. And prayers that I can reach out, welcome the other interns well, and support them even though I am just as new as they are.
Love you all! Thank you so much for your care and investment in my life
morgan t
P.S.  I will do my best to keep you posted, I should have more down time this first four months until I switch to horse hours :)

No comments:

Post a Comment